At Apex Performance Strategies, some of our Performance Consulting services include:
Performance Management focuses on formally assessing the performance of each individual employee. It includes activities, such as coaching conversations, to ensure that goals are consistently being met in an effective and efficient manner. It allows managers to focus on how to formally assess the performance of each individual employee based on his/her goals.
Some of our Performance Management services include:
- • Performance Management Training
- • Performance Appraisal Forms
- • Competency Development
Organizational Change can be a difficult process to navigate. At Apex Performance Strategies, we help organizations and their people foster the agility they need to successfully and consistently manage change. We provide solutions that help clients successfully plan, implement, and achieve their goals for planned change and effectively respond to unplanned change.
It is not unusual for productivity to dip during the early stages of a transition. Apex Performance Strategies provides our clients with specific tools, methods, and models to guide them successfully through each stage of the transition.
A key factor for any organization is making sure the best candidates are hired for each position. To reach this goal, it is critical that best-in-class selection processes are created and implemented. Apex Performance Strategies works with our clients to optimize their selection processes. Our Selection Methodology includes Competency Development, Behavioral Interviewing, and Selection Assessments.
Organizations are more likely to hire the right person for the right position when required competencies have been identified for that position. A list of competencies can be used to create a detailed position profile that provides focus in the development of the selection process. Behavioral interviewing approaches and targeted questions can ensure that the best candidate fills the position successfully. This information can also help determine which selection assessments would be the most valid tools for the open position.
Behavioral interviewing replaces intuition or "gut feelings" about a job candidate with objective assessments of the candidate’s skills and abilities. Behavioral interviewing provides a methodical process to assess a job candidate's past performance in order to predict future job performance. These interviewing techniques move the decision making process from subjective to objective.
Apex Performance Strategies works with each client to choose the most powerful selection assessments to meet their specific requirements. Some of these include:
- Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI)
- TTI Success Insights
- Wonderlic Personnel Test (WPT-R)
- IBM Kenexa Assessments
- Valtera Selection Systems
- Chally Assessments
- Predictive Index® (PI)
The Assessment Center is a process used to assess a candidate's skills and abilities. It is most often used to assist in employee development, and can also be used to identify employees for promotion. It includes many different assessment tools. They typically include:
- In-Basket Exercises: Candidates complete a mock “in-basket” where he/she responds to phone messages, e-mails, reports and other items that require action
- Case Studies: A business problem is presented to the candidate that he/she has to analyze and prepare a written plan discussing the appropriate action
- Presentation: Candidates are given a set of facts and must prepare a persuasive oral presentation regarding a situation; following the presentation, the candidates respond to questions
- 360 Assessments: A 360-degree feedback assessment is a method of systematically collecting opinions about an candidate's performance from a wide range of individuals; this could include peers, direct reports, managers, and/or individuals outside the organization (e.g. vendors or customers)
- Simulation Exercises: Candidates complete an activity in which he/she has to act out an imaginary scenario that closely mirrors a situation that could occur in the position they have applied for
Succession Planning involves systematically identifying, assessing, and developing talent to ensure leadership continuity for all key positions in an organization. This process helps organizations engage senior management in a disciplined review of organizational talent and guides development activities of high potential employees.
Apex Performance Strategies works with our clients to take into consideration several fundamental issues when implementing a Succession Planning Process. They are:
- Identifying high potentials
- Hiring internally vs. externally
- Factoring diversity into decision
- Getting buy-in from key stakeholders