Jeremy Lurey, Ph.D.
Dr. Jeremy Lurey is the CEO and Chief Architect of Plus Delta Consulting, LLC. Dr. Lurey is a talented leadership coach and organizational change specialist who partners with his clients to improve performance and produce better business results. With more than 20 years of progressive experience as a consultant, he is a trusted business advisor for and has supported clients ranging from small family businesses to Fortune 100 corporations. His clients regularly acknowledge his unique ability to balance holding them accountable to a higher standard with doing so in a way that is compassionate, supportive, authentic, never judgmental, and ultimately helps them achieve their business objectives.
Previously honored as a Top “40 Under 40” executive of the year, Dr. Lurey excels at coaching senior executives in transition as they shift their management responsibilities to their identified successors as well as coaching high-potential leaders in developing the executive presence and leadership skills required to perform at the next level. He has also been very successful providing “corrective coaching” to leaders who are struggling to meet their current role requirements – helping them turn around their behavior and get back on track! Dr. Lurey coaches executive leaders at all levels, typically ranging from Division Directors and Vice Presidents to the C-suite. He has also coached leaders across functions including in the Executive Office, HR, Finance, IT, Sales & Marketing, and Business Unit/Operational leadership. Some of his project highlights include:
- Designed and facilitated numerous executive coaching programs with both high-potential and underperforming leaders to help them develop the presence and skills required to succeed in their current roles and/or be promoted to the next level.
- Coached family business President/CEOs in transition to mentor their next-generation successors and establish their plans for retirement to embrace their “third acts” in life.
- Enabled Vice President of IT and Broadcast Operations at F100 Entertainment Company to increase his self-confidence, act more “leader-like” with his peers and direct reports, and ultimately moderate his communication approach by adapting to his audience and reducing his inappropriate and ineffective use of humor and jokes.
- Supported Executive Producer of Emmy award-winning entertainment news program in assessing his current performance as a leader, increasing his focus on managing down with his staff, and especially being more vigilant with and self-aware of his emotionally-charged reactions to mitigate his often direct and more aggressive style.
- Led very successful and much appreciated succession planning process that engaged both Board members and staff of global trade association in the process. Provided transition coaching to former President/CEO as well as long-term leadership coaching to his Vice President successor to support his promotion into the CEO role and realignment of staff.
- Facilitated multiple group coaching programs and countless leadership workshops with chief executives, operational leaders, and HR professionals to enhance critical leadership skills and increase capacity for managing performance, delegating and holding others accountable, improving communications, and sharing constructive feedback with others.
Previous clients include (partial list):
- Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services
- Global Cold Chain Alliance
- Health Net, Inc
- Minnesota Freezer Warehouse
- Pioneer Electronics
- Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Southern California Edison
Before establishing Plus Delta, Dr. Lurey worked at both PricewaterhouseCoopers and Andersen Consulting. He holds MS and PhD degrees in Organizational Psychology as well as a BS degree in Communications. In addition to his role as a consultant, he frequently presents at professional conferences and seminars. He has also authored several publications on succession planning, organization development, change management, and leadership excellence.